Friday, October 05, 2007

Sympathy Card for a friend




I had to attend a funeral last week. My friend's father was killed suddenly when his car was hit by a fast moving train at a crossing with no warnings. It was heart wrenching to be there and to think about life and how impermanent it is. I made this card and took the picture at night so it's not the greatest for showing true colors and all.
Stamp A Mania angel stamp in River Rock ink. Prima flower with Paper Studio pearl brad. Glitter pen over wing lines. Green velvet ribbon with cording by offray. Brown chalk ink on edges.
Have a great day!

7 comments:

My Paper World said...

A really beautiful card, i'm sorry it was for such a sad occasion.

D said...

I love that angel stamp. Gorgeous card! Condolences to your friend.

joanne wardle said...

how awful, but that's a beautiful angel.
thank you for the comment on my blog

Rose Ann said...

I'm so sorry about your friend's father. This card is very beautiful, and I'm sure she will treasure it!

Dawn Wheeler said...

So sorry for your friends lost,the card you made is realy beautiful,Dawnx

Monkee Maker said...

Hi,

Thanks for you comment on my blog and sorry to visit yours on such a sad day.

In answer to your question; if you're a knittist there is a link to the monkey pattern on my blog .... if you're not a knittist I'm currently working on a bunch of monkees that will be up for grabs soon - but keep it under your hat :)

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful and for such a sad occasion, I feel so bad for the family! I really like your scrapbook layouts, they are awesome.
malieta:)