Friday, February 12, 2010

Hair Band Rosette

Tessa is going to the Father/Daughter dance at her school tonight. I wanted to make something special for her to wear in her hair. While I was in Florida I picked up this beautiful ruffly ribbon at Michael's. I'll be the first to admit that it's a little tricky to work with. I ended up using my glue gun along the way to hold the folds in place. I just used the turn/fold back method I learned way back when, and on the last go round I just glued the ribbon flat against the bottom and let the ruffle be the edge. I cut out a circle of felt and glued the rosette to the head band. Whalah! I think it turned out darling and I hope Tessa likes it. She needs a belt to go with the simple black dress I found her at the thrift store and I'm going to look up some options online. TTFN! Hope you're having a great day!

2 comments:

michelle said...

it is sooooo cute! i got the whole method down for making a rose.....i think i was having trouble with the type of ribbon i was using {the red and purple}, so i tried a different type and they came out awesome!! thanks for teaching me! hope you got some daddy daughter pics!!!!

Jamee said...

I love this headband soo cute