Friday, April 15, 2011

Butterfly... Walk On By


A few days ago I was at one of our local thrift stores and happened upon these filigree butterfly beauties. I almost walked straight on by...but I stopped and for 50 cents a piece and a bit of spray paint I thought I could exact a mighty change in them.




Here's what this corner has looked like for the last nine years or so...well...except there used to be a bunch of dead roses in the pale green thing. I finally got rid of those dust catchers last week.


Butterflies painted and hung...still missing something.


I also had a chrome serving tray which happened to be magnetic. Threw a quick coat of spray paint on the pretty lady and she was ready to join her butterfly friends.



I ended up covering a few button molds with fabric and gluing magnets to the back. Added a picture of the flamingos we saw at the zoo last Saturday to give it a pop of color.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

{Chloe} Arielle said...

For 50 cents I woulda stopped too! What a score! They look fabulous :)