Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jungle Safari Baby Shower Decorations


I was so pleased to be able to be a part of my sweet friend, Heidi's, baby shower. I actually used to be her leader at church when she was just a wee little girl (16) ;) Am I really getting that old!!!??

She's going to have a little boy to love and cherish and she picked out this fabric called Safari Tots. Her mom made her the cutest bassinet with it, and I decided to make her a book page banner that she could hang over baby Ryan's crib.

I paper pieced this monkey based on something I saw on Martha ages ago.

and used it as the cover to an album I put together for her.

Here's the banner with baby Ryan's name and the circle garland at the party. They had these zebra print kraft cards at Hobby Lobby so I purchased a pack and stuck animal prints on the fronts. We used them as decoration and now she can use them as thank you cards.

I also put together a table centerpiece with jungle animals. I got these stickers at Dollar Tree in the wall sticker area.

I put the animal stickers on white card stock and then trimmed them out.I then made cylinders with coordinating papers and stuck one animal to a cylinder. There were a bunch of leaf stickers left over on the sheet so I thought maybe I could hobble together a palm tree.

I wrapped strips of torn brown paper around each other and attached the leaves at the top with glue dots. You could totally make this into a jungle diaper cake but someone else was already bringing a diaper cake ;). I hope you have a great day and bring some joy to someone in your life.

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

how cute are these decorations....I love this....so fun..

Jen McD said...

Adorable! I especially love the book banner.

Cheap Party shop said...

This is really an awesome article. Thank you for sharing this. It is worth reading for everyone.baby shower favours 1st birthday party baby shower decorations baby shower balloons