Thursday, March 08, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: Boutique Seashells and Birds


I have this basket of shells in the kids/guest bathroom. Not much to look at, eh?!! But then I saw this picture on Pinterest and a lightbulb went off. My shells could be special. Maybe not silver plated $130.00 special but close enough.

So I picked up a can of Chrome spray paint for $3.67 at WM and got to work.

The starfish doesn't have the sheen that the other shells have. I think it must be too porous or something. I have plans to make a shadow box with a bunch of these shells glued in it.

And then I remembered the birds I had bought some time ago at Salvation Army (one with a chipped beak) and decided chrome would be the perfect "color" for my birds.

What do you think?

Are they amazing or what!!???

3 comments:

Stephanie U said...

Great job! I get plans like that, and then I never follow through with them...

~amy~ said...

genius...LOVE them.

Living Lavallee said...

Indeed - amazing!