Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas Thanksgiving Wood Blocks

The sizes on the blocks can be whatever you want them to be. However, if you want 3-2x4's to fit on the bottom block it measures 10 3/8" long. 
7 1/2", 4 1/4", 5 1/4", 6 1/4", 6 1/2", 4 1/2"

We got together today to make these wonderful blocks for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I had some leftover 2x4's out in the shed from the bunk bed project so I just used the chop saw and cut out the different sizes. I chose not to paint my blocks but instead leave them au natural ;). They were weathered from being outside and I like that. 
I just used bits and pieces of things I had in my craft area to decorate the blocks. 
The best thing about this project is that it's double sided. Thanksgiving on one side Jingle all the way on the other. You get two holiday decorations in one pretty little package.


This was fun, quick and easy to make. (Well except for creating and sizing the letters on my Silhouette) :)
Have a super day!

2 comments:

Deborah Johnson said...

So beautiful - I am going to make these - I have some paper mache blocks that I will try to use.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

You are amazing. And I LOVE that they are two sided! Another moment of genius!