Saturday, December 08, 2012

DIY Christmas Cone Trees Thrifty

Good morning crafty friends and family!
I must love Christmas decorations because I can't stop making them. Here's a few I've been working on lately.

First, I started with cones that I made from cereal boxes. All three of these were made out of one cereal box. :). That teeny tiny one is just for fun. Jonah says it's his.

Next pick your cone coverings. I used my friend, Jill's, tutorial for the pine cone tree which was so fun. I'm still debating on whether or not to paint it silver and add glitter to the tips.

Here's the grouping I have so far.

I am loving the contrast of the materials.

Thrifted lace: .50 cents for the whole bag. Still have some left. The little guy is made with jute.

Pine cone sharps ;). Gathered these from the church grounds.

Burlap ribbon from WM $1.97 used the whole roll.
I think I'm going to paint that old curtain rod cap white though...maybe glitter.

Thrifted faux satin ribbon. $1.50 for a HUGE roll.
Still have a ton left.

NEXT UP A BOOK PAGE TREE!!!!

Total project cost about $4.00 including the glue sticks.

Hope your weekend is going great. I have to go write down my talk for church tomorrow. A little worried this time around. Then we need to work on the fence, make potatoes for the ward Christmas party and then attend the wonderful Christmas party tonight.
Take care and craft on.

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

wow these are gorgeous and look amazing on your awesome sideboard. great find and awesome decorating..