Sunday, March 16, 2014

Home Remodel PROGRESS??? If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Analogy

I feel like the story of this remodel is like the book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie".
If you give Misty new flooring then she's going to want new cupboards to go with it ;).

As you can tell, I've been MIA from paper crafting for a while. That's because I just HAD TO go and start on a LITTLE remodel project for our home. We REALLY needed new flooring as our carpet was 20+ years old. Also, the tile we had put in about six or seven years ago was cracking and coming up in places (guess you get what you pay for). So, that led to me pulling up A LOT of tile...and led to us pulling out the carpet. 
We purchased some really nice laminate flooring at Costco and we were going to do the whole house with it, minus the bedrooms.
But then we kept thinking we might not want laminate in the laundry area/mud room because it gets wet and used a lot in the winter. That led to me buying this vinyl floating floor stuff that looks like slate.

But then that led to my house looking like this!

And this. Heaven help me. I knew once we put the laminate in that I would think there was altogether TOO MUCH WOOD in my kitchen...so I'm in the middle of painting all of my cupboards Heirloom White by Rustoleum. Love that color. You can see it here on my Stereo Cabinet makeover.

But then that led to fixing a bunch of the drywall in the laundry area so that I can paint it :)

So, the floor is finished back here, not that you can tell. We'll be texturing and painting this week.
 
something along the lines of this color.
Have a super week...I have to go weave around some paint cans to get to my bed now. ;)

3 comments:

Cristine said...

I love your 'Mouse' analogy! So clever! It is going to look awesome when it's all done!

Raesha D said...

How fun!!!! We have laminate flooring and we love it. It's the best thing ever when you have kids and dogs:) We only have one bedroom left - our office - that needs the floors done. I can't wait to see pics of your remodel all done:)

Alycia said...

Wow. We are about to tear down and rebuild our home...this post makes me think it might be easier than the remodeling we were first considering. :)