Monday, January 05, 2015

Casual Fridays Sequins and Felt Challenge 135

I created this card for Casual Fridays Clean and Simple Challenge. We were challenged to use sequins and felt. I stamped the feathers from Lil' Inkers Fancy Feathers set with distress inks and then went over them with my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush.

The felt sticker was a snowflake that I cut the spikes off of to create a geometric accent. I then cut it in half to add around the sentiment which is also from the Lil' Inkers set.

This challenged kind of pushed me because I don't usually use felt on my cards. I hope you are enjoying get back into the daily grind after the holiday. Today is my kiddos last day off and we're going out with a bang! :)
Stay crafty.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

This is beautiful! Love what you did with the felt snowflake! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

nancy carroll said...

Love the felt snowflake!

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

LOVE it!! Love how you did the border of the card! Thanks so much for playing along at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!

i'm with the band said...

So pretty, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

Stunning card! Love the beautifully inked background and felt snowflake! Great design! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!