Thursday, January 08, 2015

Debossed Silhouette Cut Heart Rose

I have enjoyed entering some amazing challenges as of late. Simon Says Stamp has a challenge to do "SOMETHING NEW". I chose to use a new idea/technique that I've not tried before. DEBOSSING! 
is Cute Card Thursday also has a challenge to use something new. I wish I had SSS exclusive materials to play with but I tried a die cutting technique anyway.
I used my Silhouette to cut out the sentiment from an image that I water colored before hand. I cut the same word multiple times from a dark red paper and then layered it underneath. The stamp is from 5th Avenue Florals. I water colored it with Primrose Petals ink and my water brush.
I may still add a sentiment like "you have my" or "always in my" to the card.

Here you can see the layers stacked up.

Hope your week is going well and that you're finding time to craft.


6 comments:

Melissa D. said...

Great idea and so pretty!

nancy carroll said...

Great idea! TFS.

Shelly said...

Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Lovely card!

Jessica
http://creationkorner.blogspot.com/

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card! Such a beautiful design! Love it!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Stella said...

Beautiful card. Congratulations !