Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Purple Onion Owl and Bunny Sparkle and Shine

I'm not sure I've ever told you of my love of Purple Onion Designs...specifically Stacey Yacula, one of their designers. I just adore her animals. It may be because my own doodling style is very similar when I draw animals. These are just so precious. Just a heads up though, the stamps come to you as unmounted red rubber. You need to foam mount them or use them in their rubber state if you like.
The Paper Girls Challenge blog is having a challenge this week called "Sparkle and Shine" so I tried to really make this card SHINE! 
I began by inking the background panel with distress inks. Faded Jeans and Peacock Feathers are go tos for this panel. I stamped the background trees in Versamark ink and then embossed with Stamp-A-Mania Desert Rain embossing powder. It's super sparkly. I stamped the bunny and the owl and then water colored them used my water brush and Stampin' Up  Smokey Slate ink and Vintage Photo Distress ink. A little Tattered Rose and Picked Raspberry for the bunny's cheeks and ears. I used my Wink of Stella clear glitter brush to add in some snow hills. I wish I had some white flocking powder because I think that would have looked even more awesome.

The owl's eyes were filled in with Inkssentials Enamel Accents white enamel first and then I added in black enamel for the pupils. I added black enamel for the bunny's eyes and nose. Sorry, my pictures don't do it justice.
Hope you're having a crafty week!

5 comments:

Amber Sheaves said...

So cute Misty! Love the sparkle on the background. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Girls!

Shelly said...

Aww...this is adorable!

nancy carroll said...

This is so adorable! LOVE

Cristine said...

This is stunning, my friend!

Brittany M. said...

Such a darling card, Misty!!!! I love the inked background, it is so pretty!