Saturday, January 03, 2015

Scrapbooking Hard Things: The Blue Blanket

As this new year kicks off one of the biggest goals I have for myself is to scrapbook Isaiah's pages. Our family needs a remembrance book for him and his short existence here on this earth. 
I know that some of these things will be very difficult for me to put down on paper, but I also believe that it will be so therapeutic. A dear friend of mine shared the book that she made when she lost her daughter and said it has been a tremendous thing for their family. 
So, without further ado here is a layout I made about the blanket that we will never use to wrap Isaiah in. It's hard to explain the things you mourn when you lose a child in the womb. You don't have memories of their life here on earth to mourn over, you feel such a sense of loss over what will never be. You mourn the loss of the possibilities of things.


I'm getting back into using the sketches from Scrapbook Steals

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and try to brighten someone's day if you can.

8 comments:

Amy Williams said...

Lovely page, Misty. Your remembrance book will be a wonderful keepsake for your family.

Melissa D. said...

I hope that scrapbooking the memories you have make your heart feel lighter. This is a beautiful start! <3

Jennifer Blomquist said...

What a beautiful page sharing such a sweet sentiment. I'm sure it is a hard book to create but will be so special. <3

Erica Bass said...

Beautiful. I'm glad you're able to start working through this.

Brittany M. said...

I love this darling and heartfelt page. I agree that this album will be something amazing for you and your family.

nancy carroll said...

What a touching story, brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful tribute. TFS

Jamie said...

This is beautiful! I'm sure this is a very difficult thing for you to do and I pray when you are all done, you and your family find some sense of peace.<3

Margaret said...

A brave and lovely endeavor - hard to do but so worth it. Hugs...